• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Vintage 2000 Mitsuba 1 Ghz 640MB RAM 0HDD Clone PC

vintageestatefinds

Experienced Member
I bought a larger flat screen monitor today at an auction and this computer was included, so I figured I'd post in case someone is interested. Not much info on the manufacturer; they stopped making computers in 2001. Will probably just salvage some parts out of it. It does POST but can't boot as a result of no hard drive.

Here's some specs :
AMD Athlon 1Ghz processor
640MB DIMM RAM (1 512MB, 1 128MB. 2/2 RAM slots used)
No HDD (removed)

Generic MB : Has 1 AGP and 3 PCI slots (1 PCI slot empty)
Matrox Dual VGA G45+MDHA16DLE AGP video card
On-board sound
Samsung SC-152C 52X CD-ROM
OptoRite CD-RW CW5205
Samsung SFD-321B 3.25’’ floppy drive
Power Man 250W FSP250-60GTA PSU (Has coil whine)
Conexant FM-56PCI V:RWHS-C modem
Realtek FC-515LS Ethernet network card
Award BIOS v6.00
2 USB outlets

Attachments

• Mitsuba.jpg
    Mitsuba.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 1
This is not even close to vintage. Please use "off topic" for this kind of machine.

What year is considered a drop off to be considered vintage for future reference? I've seen computers from 98 or 99 advertised as such.

Last edited:
Read the forum subgroup descriptions. For the IBM compatibles there is one section for 8088s and 80286s, another section for 386s and 486s, and one section for early pentiums.

Nothing running at a gigahertz is going to be vintage anytime soon. This is discussed here quite often.

What year is considered a drop off to be considered vintage for future reference? I've seen computers from 98 or 99 advertised as such.

I'd say anything that can't run the last three Windows systems(7, 8, 10) and is over 13 years old(early XP era, late 9x era) is vintage for Windows PCs, and anything PPC ('06 and prior) and prior is vintage for Mac.

Last edited:
Everything has A vintage, it's just not "vintage" vintage yet. :)

These kinds of machines can be of interest to vintage enthusiasts as "tweeners" for shuffling data between newer and older machines. So it doesn't hurt to talk about them in the appropriate sub-forum.

At a glance, that molded floppy face suggests that this machine may not be a standard ATX form, which makes it less desirable. If it doesn't have ISA slots, that makes it less useful. If I were looking for a machine like this, I would also want to know if the BIOS supports two floppies, if the FDC supports FM, and if all devices are supported in at least Windows 98SE.

Back