• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Vintage-Computer auction SCORE!

vbriel

Experienced Member
I just received my Ohio Scientific Challenger 2P and it powers up. Can't get past the memory select but I think it is loose RAM, or something in that area.

For those debating on the vintage-computer forum, you best start using it. I just scored a serious collectors item for only $85. I stopped adding to my collection 2 years ago, but couldn't pass up a deal like that.

Vince

Vince,

I have a OSI Challenger 1P, now working after a RAM fix.

Do you have a pic of your score?

Tez

Challenger2Ps.JPG

Fresh picture. It is in good (not great) condition. It powers up to C/G/M / when it should be C/G/M? M does display addresses for monitor input, C starts to ask memory size but gets it wrong.

Unicorn Electronics sells the 2102 SRAMS for $1.45 each. There are 32 of them.

Vince

Good one.

I'm always a little confused about the nomenclature used by OSI for it's Challenger range (IP being later models than Challenger-II) . It doesn't seem logical. Mark Csele does cover it in his Challenger Site, which no doubt you are aware of.

Interestingly, I saw a Challenger 2P come up for sale here in NZ in my own home town even. Had I won the auction I could have driven round and collected it. It was a bright orange colour. I thought the previous owner might have painted it, but looking at the bright colours they seem to come out in, maybe not?

I started to bid for it, but at that stage I didn't realise how valuable it might have been. I think I stopped bidding at about $25 NZ ($18 US) and let it go to the other guy.

Tez

Here in Norway, somebody listed a listing about giving away a small museum of computers from before 1980 (take-as-much-as-you'd-like kind of giving away). The "sellers" got so many replies that they postponed the listing so they could organize a day everybody could get there there and see/take.

The story behind is a little sad, but the curent owners surely don't really know the value of what they've inherited.

Here in Norway, somebody listed a listing about giving away a small museum of computers from before 1980 (take-as-much-as-you'd-like kind of giving away). The "sellers" got so many replies that they postponed the listing so they could organize a day everybody could get there there and see/take.

The story behind is a little sad, but the curent owners surely don't really know the value of what they've inherited.

Shhhhh!! Or on the other hand, not many norwegians here..

Congratulations Vince!

Congratulations Vince!

Vince,

Great win on the C2P.

My first computer was a C2P, bought with money I earned in High School working at Disney World.

The C2P was the 'expandable' computer of the OSI desktop line. The C1P was a single board, the C2P had a real bus. At the time the C2P was known to have the fastest BASIC interpreter. Alas, I gave away my C2P many years ago, but bought a C1P at a hamfest a year ago.

Have fun with it.

-Crawford

Ohio Scientific Challenger III

Ohio Scientific Challenger III

Hej!

Jag har en sådan + en CIFER Terminal

Kan du vara intresserad elelr vet du någon....?

Med vänlig hälsning

Mats J C Wiman
Översättare/Übersetzer/translator/traducteur/traductor
Träsk 201
87297 Skog
Tel 0612-54112
Fax 0612-54181

Interesting - when I check the usual "used equipment buy-and-sell" here in Norway, I can only find a few C-64s, a few Amigas but nothing else. Where do the Norwegian collectors announce their collectibles for sale?

Hej!

Jag har en sådan + en CIFER Terminal

Kan du vara intresserad elelr vet du någon....?

Med vänlig hälsning

Mats J C Wiman
Översättare/Übersetzer/translator/traducteur/traductor
Träsk 201
87297 Skog
Tel 0612-54112
Fax 0612-54181

Hvorfor dukker alle godbitene alltid opp i Sverrige?? Jeg skulle bare ønske noe lignende hendte i Norge.

Jeg får vel bare være tålmodig...

Interesting - when I check the usual "used equipment buy-and-sell" here in Norway, I can only find a few C-64s, a few Amigas but nothing else. Where do the Norwegian collectors announce their collectibles for sale?

I don't really think they have it listed anymore... It was on finn.no this spring, but I can't find it anymore either. I don't really think too much of it was working because the way it was stored.

Back