• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Vintage Hardware in Pennsylvania

fred3rd

Experienced Member
I have quite a bit of vintage hardware that I have accumulated over the years. The problem is that all the years I've had it, I've done nothing with it. It's time to thin the herd and make more room for my wife and I. I'm specifically looking for a vintage enthusiast in Pennsylvania who would be willing to drive to Zip 17801 and pick the stuff up. The cost would be very minimal and trade would be considered. I will not list specifics here nor will I ship anything. Interested parties please send me a message and we will then get into specifics.

Fred,
Some of the items I bought from you a few years ago for the U of Delaware are on display in Smith hall as part of an Apple exhibit. We have also used others for students. I can vouch for the good condition of you inventoy
bd

I could POSSIBLY be in the area when I'm going to family gatherings in central PA and thereabouts the weekend of August 14. I suppose I'd like to know what types of hardware you're talking about so I can consider it...

I'm nowhere near there unfortunately but out of curiosity how many queries have you received? Have you re-considered posting items on the VCGM or shipping? I think on the bright side you're in a good situation though if you're casually looking for local collectors and not really in desperate need for space or funds.

Fred,
I put a link to you post on midatlanticretro's yahoo.com user group. There are some who live near you in this group.

I'm near-ish but would really need a list and for you to consider shipping, as PA can be a hell of a drive from me.

The reason you haven't had much interest is you want to liquidate to someone in person without even telling us what's there.

It would simply cost too much in gas money for me to drive there (unless you had a TON of stuff that was all very interesting to me and rare) - it would be cheaper to ship things, regardless of how heavy, as the gas would be $250 or so. I don't know if you even have something I'm interested in, so that's even less incentive to drive up there.

I'm near-ish but would really need a list and for you to consider shipping, as PA can be a hell of a drive from me.

The reason you haven't had much interest is you want to liquidate to someone in person without even telling us what's there.

It would simply cost too much in gas money for me to drive there (unless you had a TON of stuff that was all very interesting to me and rare) - it would be cheaper to ship things, regardless of how heavy, as the gas would be $250 or so. I don't know if you even have something I'm interested in, so that's even less incentive to drive up there.
The man said,
"I will not list specifics here nor will I ship anything. Interested parties please send me a message and we will then get into specifics."

If you're interested and willing to pick up, send him a message; if not, move on instead of the usual bitching that he's not doing what you want the way you want it, the price of gas, etc. etc.

I will send a list (as I have been doing) to anyone who sends me a private message. I'm trying to avoid cluttering up the forum with nonproductive idle chit chat.

Also... Thank You Billdeg and MikeS

Last edited:
Back