• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Vintage Toshiba Laptop: Which product year interests you?

darthfury78

For me, the best Toshiba laptops are from the production years 1994 until late 1996. My favorite models are as shown. What are your favorite Toshiba model year computer?

1994 T4850ct
1994 T1960
1995 T2450ct
1995 T2100 series
1995 T2130ct
1996 115CS
1996 Tecra 730ct
1996 Tecra 510ct

Those are my personal list. Let's see yours. The one thing that makes those computers so special are the Toshiba software installation software pre-installed. These days, it is very tough to find a decent 1994-1996 Toshiba computer with it factory software. For that matter, finding the recovery floppy disks are tough to locate.

The old ones with orange plasma displays I guess. Like the T3100. I saw one on ebay a couple of years ago and thought that it was really neat.

I got a Toshiba t1960cs new in 1995, still my favorite laptop ever! I still have it, unfortunately somewhere around 2000 while working out of town it quit, and I've never gotten around to fixing it since. A WFW 3.11 didn't seem worth fixing at the time.

But I still smile thinking of all those times in motel rooms trying to get connected to my ISP dialup over hotel room long distance using trumpet winsock and a pcmcia modem. Just getting the modem plugged in to a phone line was a real project in most motels back then.

My first Toshiba notebook computer was the satellite T2105CS in 1995. I used it for the internet and for word processing. I took really good care of it, along with the original box package and documents. Fast forward in Sept. 1996, my brother opened the door for his friend who saw my computer as I was leaving for school. When I returned, my computer was stolen. A few weeks later, the insurance company provided me a with Toshiba 115cs as a replacement. I had that computer for almost 20 years(I stopped using it in 2009) until I decided to turn the computer on. All I saw was a white screen. Then it stopped working altogether. I opened the keyboard section of the computer to discover that the CMOS battery leaked while in storage. I originally wanted to repair the computer. But after seeing the battery acid residue from the backup batteries, it was not worth it. The battery leak destroyed the computer screen. All that's left of that computer is the hard drive, which is in very good condition. I am thinking about buying a Satellite 110CT if a mint version becomes available so that I can move the hard drive unto it was the active matrix is much better than the projection passive matrix screen...

Back