• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

vtr and tapes

1ajs

Experienced Member
so i aqiured a pile of vtr tapes so far ives found one thats on booting up ur pdp 11 gamma 11 system once i got the vtr running proper i will be making digital rips of the tapes

10329209_10154187154060515_1730800576597100239_n.jpg

Congratulations on getting those tapes. I'm glad someone in our community got those and is sharing. I thought I was working with the seller to acquire those myself but I guess she backed out because of the hassle with shipping. I would have preferred to learn that from her. In any case, I'd love a copy of the tapes; particularly the Altair ones.

In the future, if you get tired of having these around, I'd still like to acquire them. I was going to get permission from UofM and put them up on YouTube but if you do that, that's perfectly fine. Working in IT in higher education, I am a collector of vintage computers with particular interest in the education field and these tapes were right up my alley.

Last edited:
What format are the tapes in?

Chances are it may be best to have the tapes professionally transferred to digital by someone that specializes with vintage formats.

Back