• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Want to buy Falcon 030 and accessories.

schotty

Experienced Member
Falcon 030 and accessories. Anyone selling?

Looking at getting into vintage Atari computers, and this is one seems pretty slick from the Wikipedia articles. I reside in Milwaukee, WI, USA. Depending on cost total, may be interested in ponying up for paying intercontinental freight.

Thanks/

You are also aware that it is one of the most uncommon - perhaps even rare - 16/32-bit Ataris to get, and thus is priced thereafter? Nothing wrong with going for the top item to start with, as long as you are prepared how much people may ask for it.

Didnt know that, but it wont deter me. It just may take me a while longer;D

For example, here is a boxed Atari Falcon 030 that ends in 1.5 hours from when this message was written. I know the seller from another forum. At the time of writing, the highest bid was 141 GBP (280 USD) excl. shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120107880714

Update: .. and it ended at £205 = 407 USD. Perhaps it is a bit high, but not unheard of.

Last edited:
Hmm, I was filtering a bit agressive. I didnt see that one when I searched ebay. I didnt see squat, I had a wish list made up and only found two of the computers I wanted, one of which is a museum piece - an Altair 8800 mint :D

Thanks, this is reasonable to pay for a good time. From what I saw, this is a great Atari system to toy around on. Great hardware and some great software.

Seems like whatever I used to look for atari stuff was moronic or I was just too tired.

Looks like I got me hands on a 130 and a 1040 :D Still want a falcon though ... :p

You're not going to get one for less than US$400. I lucked out on mine and happened to get one from a music store in Michigan that was closing out. Never used MIB Falcon (first US run with 1meg ram, no hard drive) for $400 even, and they threw in Cubase.

Falcon's and TT's are more common in Europe, but if you get one from there just realize you'll need to deal with the power issue.

I concur with all that, as a reasonably working Falcon system, Atari or re-branded, will definitely run in the $350 - $400+ range before shipping. There was a (relative) flurry (3 or 4) from US sellers about three to six months or so back, but I haven't really seen any since. I'd love to get one too to add to my collection, but it's hard to justify those prices.

I have a Atari Falcon 030 for sale with a Falcon 8 interface and a Steinberg FDI (Falcon Digital Interface). I used it as a music making computer and it is complete with fully loaded Cubase Audio and various other programs. It is all in full working order.
Let me know if you are interested. I live in London UK.

Kind Regards
Richard

Falcon 030 Available in California

Falcon 030 Available in California

Hey,

I have a Falcon 030 with 4 megs ram and 80 MB hard drive, as well as Two Bournelli 150MB hard drives (SCSI drives) and Two 150 MB Disks.

System is unmodified and everything works. She's a beauty - clean, includes the original installation disks in good condition.

I grew up on Atari's and went from a 520st to a 1040st, then STE and finally the Falcon in 1993. Loved it for a good long time, but now I don't use it, and I need the money... sad to let it go, but happy to see it breath new life and fun for someone.

No original box or manuals.
Yes Bournelli manuals.

SVGA adapter
plugs and SCSI cables (two, with adapter), two MIDI cables

asking $600 or best offer

Is there software pre-installed on the drives?
The system is loaded with the original Mint that came with the computer - that's on the internal drive (which is partitioned into three drives). There is some software and games on the internal drive.

The bournelli disks (two x 150MB): One has a bunch of random software on it, including a mod tracker, an original "basic" Direct To Disc recorder, Calamus, Works, Band in a Box, games (Battle Chess!) - but most of it is a little outdated i.e. probable the last time I did anything with it was in 1998 or something like that. (kept boxed up and dry since then). The other Bournelli drive has a backup of all my software before I did some kind of re-installation in the internal hard drive.

I just set it all up and everything works - only thing I haven't figured out (and not spent much time on) is how to get BOTH bournelli's available at the same time. I do have the cables though (to chain both together with the computer).

I also have a box of old floppy's, which may or may not be accessible. Many of them are disks from an old user group which I used to attend. Many are just copies of games and software. You might find "Dungeon Master" somewhere in there, although I can't be 100% sure (if you request, I'll look)... any other q's?

~Ocean

Hi, I am looking for a Falcon 030. Please let me know if it's still available
Regards
Yves

I have a Atari Falcon 030 for sale with a Falcon 8 interface and a Steinberg FDI (Falcon Digital Interface). I used it as a music making computer and it is complete with fully loaded Cubase Audio and various other programs. It is all in full working order.
Let me know if you are interested. I live in London UK.

Kind Regards
Richard

Back