• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted - 14" SVGA monitor with specific Orion M34KZM10XX61 CRT

cwathen

Experienced Member
I've recently purchased a mid-90's AST Advantage PC with original AST Vision 4L monitor. Unfortunately the CRT was damaged in transit and has a crack on the back of the neck. I really want to try and repair the monitor, which means a tube swap (unless anyone can still do CRT rebuilds?) if I can find the exact tube that goes in the monitor.

The tube itself, an Orion M34KZM10XX61 (also sold under the Chunghwa brand) does seem to have been used in many other monitors at the time and I suspect was quite common given how many other Korean-made 14" monitors from 1995/6 had exactly the same technical specifications.

I have actually found a bare CRT for sale but it would need to be imported from the US and is also a lot of money plus whatever shipping to the UK would be (also assuming it survives).

I am looking for a monitor with this tube, within the UK (hopefully driving distance from Bristol so it can be collected rather than risk shipping it). The monitor type is unimportant, as is the condition, and it does not need to work, but the tube does need to be intact and (at least believed to be) functional.

Would be looking either to pay for it outright or potentially swap or px for something from my collection (depending on what you have, what I have and what you want)

Anyone able to help?:

Back