• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: ancient BASIC Lab Notes book diskette

jharre

Experienced Member
I've picked up a couple copies of this book but have never been able to find the companion diskette or an image. It would be fun to play with some of the code, but not finding and fixing all the typos if I have to key it in.

000_0027.jpg

PC Magazine BASIC Lab Notes by Ethan Winer and Phil Cramer
Published in 1993 by Ziff-Davis Press
ISBN 1-56276-068-8

Anybody have an image of the 5.25" floppy diskette they care to share?

<*> Jim

Ethan still has a website at http://ethanwiner.com/. Most of his interests are in the music field now, but at one time he still had copies of his Crescent Software which was add in subroutines mostly written in assembler. I think PDQ was probably his most popular. It you scroll down the page you will see a downloadable file named winer.zip, which is programs written for another PC Mag Boot. It may contain some of the examples you are wanting. I would download it and see as a starting point.

Ethan may also still have the original programs from your book on media.

Jimmy

Back