• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: Bluebook of Assembly Language Routines

DoctorPepper

Experienced Member
For the IBM PC and XT, by Christopher L. Morgan, published by Plume/Waite, first edition 1984.

Any version would be great. I've googled my fingers to the bone, and searched Amazon.com high and low, but can't find any mention of the book!

PM me with any info regarding above book, please! :)

Howard

3873b340dca02f3070c76010.L.jpg

It's on Amazon starting at .39 cents.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0452254981/ref=dp_olp_2

Yeah, I just ordered one. Funny thing is I could not get a hit by title or author. I had to go to the Library of Congress' website and look up the author. They had the book listed so I got the ISBN and plugged that into Amazon.com and it came right up!

Must have been me, trying to look the book up before I had my second cup of coffee this morning! 8-)

Yeah, I just ordered one. Funny thing is I could not get a hit by title or author. I had to go to the Library of Congress' website and look up the author. They had the book listed so I got the ISBN and plugged that into Amazon.com and it came right up!

Must have been me, trying to look the book up before I had my second cup of coffee this morning! 8-)

Well, the book I ordered just arrived today! I paid more for the one they said is "brand new". Perhaps this one isn't exactly brand new, but it is in like new condition. No marks inside or out, no torn pages, the covers are in outstanding condition.

After thumbing through it, this looks like it will be a nice read! 8-)

While looking through a few boxes of my un-sorted book collection, I came across the "Big Blue Seed" book. It is the authoritative guide for assembling IBM compatible motherboards and peripheral circuit cards with parts list and component layout. by Raymond Kosmic. It is from NuScope Associates.

It is one incredable book, I might add. Full of photos of what are now Vintage circuit boards.

While looking through a few boxes of my un-sorted book collection, I came across the "Big Blue Seed" book. It is the authoritative guide for assembling IBM compatible motherboards and peripheral circuit cards with parts list and component layout. by Raymond Kosmic. It is from NuScope Associates.

It is one incredable book, I might add. Full of photos of what are now Vintage circuit boards.

That's really sweet!

I've found that I enjoy collecting "vintage" computer books (mostly programming) almost as much as I do the systems. I guess I like to wax nostalgic as I read on how to program these old systems. I'm currently reading my old "Assembly Language Primer for the IBM PC an XT", by the Waite Group. I had originally purchased this book back in 1985, new. It's a bit worse for wear now (the front cover is about to fall off, so if someone knows a good clear tape to use that won't leach acids into the book material, I'd appreciate it), but still an enjoyable read. I chuckled as I read Robert Lafore's words about MS-DOS 1.0 vs. MS-DOS 2.0, and how you need to have an IBM PC with at least 96K of RAM to use IBM MASM. If you only have 64K, you need to use ASM instead :)

Hmm, in 1979, I was very hard pressed to come up with the $300 to buy another 16K static ram card for my S-100 machine. That gave me a total of 32K and ONE lonely 8" floppy drive. Moving files from disk to disk with one drive and 32K in CP/M is a pain, let me tell ya.

Back