• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted Cheap Working Black 3.5" Floppy Drive

steveuk

Experienced Member
Wanted Cheap Working Black 3.5" Floppy Drive 1.44 Meg To go with the rest of my PC setup, as the white one looks out of place when everythink DVDs, & Card Reader & Case are all Black.

Somethink like this pleasse
NEC-FD1231H.jpg

Send me Price with Postage. UK if possible, USA if P+P is Cheap

Hay i found one, here
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Black-Teac-In...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

0.01p bid or £1:49 Buyit now. P+P £1.99

Still would like a spare tho...so if anyone selling let me know proce or i may buy another from Ebay
Cheers
Steve

Just fwiw.. I had very nice results with a spray can of black matte nitro-cellulose paint.
Can't see the difference, dries in a minute.

Just fwiw.. I had very nice results with a spray can of black matte nitro-cellulose paint.
Can't see the difference, dries in a minute.

lol good idear but on that link it 99p bid or £1.49 buyit now + £1.99 P+P ive put in a £1.00 bid so if i wint in it only £3 to spend.. and a tine of paint would proberly cost that or more..?

May consider in a tin of black pain tho as i have like, a dozen or so white 1.44 drives.

what type of spray paint would i need, anyone go a uk link to point me in right direction.?
Cheer
Steve

Last edited:
I've used automotive satin black paint with good results.

That would do too, I use the nitrocellulose stuff, because I spray outside (duh) and that dries before any dust can settle, and the mat version gives a nice finish. Or, well, actually, maybe I'm just impatient ;)
It works well on small parts too.

I scrub the parts before with a toothbrush and dishwashing soap, then let them soak in ammonia for a while.
Especially old parts that were handled much (lever of a floppy drive, after 20 years...) can get greasy.

I bought it at the regular DIY shop, spray can, black, mat, nothing special.

I sprayed some more things with it, couple of CD/DVD drives, yellowed 5,25 floppies, etc.

Back