• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: Commodore 8296 or CBM-II keyboard

Kakemoms

Experienced Member
The keyboards have a slightly different layout, but otherwise share the same "porsche design". My computer misses its keyboard, so hopefully someone can help :crazy:

The keyboards have a slightly different layout, but otherwise share the same "porsche design". My computer misses its keyboard, so hopefully someone can help :crazy:

I might be wrong but I was under the impression CBM-II / 8296 have identical cases but are completely incompatible

I might be wrong but I was under the impression CBM-II / 8296 have identical cases but are completely incompatible

That is completely true. The inside of a B700 is different which is why I am swapping the 8296 mainboard with a B256-80 board that seems to be a B720D proto (from other peoples pictures and the cables sticking out of it). The seller told me he got it from Commodore Germany liquidation and it has lots of sockets with missing ROMS (which I am burning as we write). The 8296 isn't working anyway and I want my B720 up and running. :bigups:

A 8296 keyboard would look nice (same slender look), but not work. So a translation interface would need to be built from scratch and put into the keyboard. The only other alternative would be to build a keyboard from scratch.. in which case it would be very different but handmade (and expensive!). I am leaning towards 3D printing the case to be slender (as the original), but make it with a few "modern" features. Anyway, I would still enjoy an original if I can find it..

Back