• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: Computer case or non-working CBM-II/PET-II

Kakemoms

Experienced Member
I need a home for a proto HP board Assy #8256068 that apparently came from Commodore Germany when they closed down. I have a spare MOS 6509R04A (revision 4) CPU with production date 5282 that looks new. These CPU's are impossible to find as they were not produced in numbers.

If you have a spare case or extra non-working B700/B710/B720/B256-80/B128-80, I hope we can figure out a deal.

This was also posted in the Commodore section (but this looks more like the right place).

I can also consider a P500/P700 or Commodore 8296 case or non-working unit as there are little hope to get a real case.

The units look like this:
c8296.jpg
Commodore 8296

B700.jpg
Commodore PET-II/CBM-II B700

I can also consider a P500/P700 or Commodore 8296 case or non-working unit as there are little hope to get a real case.

The units look like this:
Commodore 8296

Commodore PET-II/CBM-II B700

Ok. I have my B700 case, but still need a keyboard. They are very hard to come by, so I may need to make a replica.

If someone here has one (B700/P700/B600 keyboard) I am also interested in pictures.

A working or non-working original power supply is also wanted.

IIRC, that power supply is an off-the-shelf switcher. Unless you are looking for authenticity, whatever modern switcher you can fit in there will work. One with the same ratings is likely even smaller now.

IIRC, that power supply is an off-the-shelf switcher. Unless you are looking for authenticity, whatever modern switcher you can fit in there will work. One with the same ratings is likely even smaller now.

Well, first priority is to get it working. Second priority is to get it authentic. I have a 8296 power supply on its way, but it looks larger than the original (from pictures). But then, there may have been several variants in use.

The BX256-80 board is also missing some chips. I have managed to get hold of 2564 EPROM which have 4 extra pins but (the rest) are pin compatible with the missing 2364s. I also have some motorola MCM68766C35 which may fit directly into the 2364 sockets (some of the original protoboards might even have these). The Signetics 82S100 PLA was the most difficult chip as it took some time to get a proper programmer.. and then I found on old Win98 portable with a parallel port in my parents attic.

So things are starting to get together. The BX256-80 board has a couple of poor lines which needs some repair and the backside copper layer is a little loose. It will take some time to get it back to perfection, but that is my intention. :)

Back