• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: Display for Compaq Evo N600c or N610c

themaritimegirl

Experienced Member
I've got an otherwise mint Compaq Evo N610c laptop with no display (LCD spontaneously cracked while I was transporting it one day). If you have a replacement display to fit it (or an entire laptop with a good display), I'd love to make mine complete again.

I'm located in New Brunswick, Canada. Thanks!

I've got an otherwise mint Compaq Evo N610c laptop with no display (LCD spontaneously cracked while I was transporting it one day). If you have a replacement display to fit it (or an entire laptop with a good display), I'd love to make mine complete again.

I'm located in New Brunswick, Canada. Thanks!

What's the brand & P/N on the back of the LCD? I ran a laptop service company and have a bunch of LCD's stashed away. But if smaller than about 10" diagonal I have only a very few of them.

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear - I need the entire display assembly, hinges and all, not just the LCD panel. When I busted the LCD I removed the whole assembly and tossed it. Perhaps a bad idea.

(@DeltaDon: The N6xx display is 14")

@TheMaritimeMan:
The N600c, and possibly also the N610c, were available with two different screen resolutions: 1024x768, and, for the 'business' version (that's the one I have), 1400x1050.

It's a great computer, I've kept it for development use over the years, the newer replacements I got at work were always worse, in one respect or another. The speed of newer laptops didn't make enough difference. When I inherited it, many many years ago, from a co-worker who had inherited it from another co-worker, the battery was dead. As they will be, in a corporate environment where they tend to be plugged to the mains all the time. I got a replacement battery, and by unplugging it when on mains for long periods it took seven more years before its capacity started to reduce a bit.
I would still have used it today if it wasn't for a problem that developed with the charging circuitry. I hope to get that fixed somehow. This stupid Samsung notebook I'm typing this on does not cut it. The 1400x1050 screen of the N600c is great for development.

Back