• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WANTED: Gateway 2000 P5-133 Mid tower PC

Looking for one of these, the complete tower or the empty case. It matters not. As long as it's the Mid tower version. I found one on Ebay but they don't ship to AK. Anyone wish to let go of theirs? I can make an offer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gateway2000...115467?hash=item4d3f28ba0b:g:8BIAAOSwFNZWtnbI

I happened to acquire one of these just yesterday. It's the full tower with four 5-1/4" bays plus the floppy drive. It has 32mb RAM, 540MB HD, and Windows 95. There's no soundcard or CD-ROM, but I could easily add those. Looks like it was used in a business for quotes and payroll. It seems some of these are ATX, but this one is AT. I'm in Michigan, but if you're willing to pay the shipping I will find a way to get it to you.

Very nice, but i'm looking for the short tower, not the full tower. But thanks for the post.

Last edited:
It can be either ATX or AT. I cut a custom back panel piece (from a recycled tower) that I can screw in place.

Also I don't mind what model number or processor speed or type it is, as long as it's the mid tower version.

Gateway built a lot of these so be patient and another one will pop up on eBay. The good news is the mid-tower isn't as desirable as the full tower so you could probably get one at a decent price. I will keep my eyes open for you.

Gateway built a lot of these so be patient and another one will pop up on eBay. The good news is the mid-tower isn't as desirable as the full tower so you could probably get one at a decent price. I will keep my eyes open for you.

Had any luck?

I wound up getting my hands on a P5-200 mid tower just like you want. It is 100% original and even has a tape drive. The front has yellowed a lot, but most of the rubber feet still have the factory plastic wrap. I will sell it if you're interested.

Thanks for all your hard work! I'll ask my friend if he's interested and I’ll send you a PM if yes. It will have to be a while though cause I’ll be gone on vacation the entire month of July.

I wound up getting my hands on a P5-200 mid tower just like you want. It is 100% original and even has a tape drive. The front has yellowed a lot, but most of the rubber feet still have the factory plastic wrap. I will sell it if you're interested.

Thanks, I called my friend and he wants only a P5-133 mid tower. Would you keep an eye out for one of those please?

It would be nice if you kept parts like the rubber feet or anything from the P5-200 tower just in case if the P5-133 tower you find is missing parts.

Thank you.

Question: I see lots of specific requests in this particular wanted system, but the OP states that it can be an empty case or complete system. In that case, are you after this particular case just for the golden sticker on the front that says P5-133? The rubber feet are standard rubber circles that were used on scores of computers - nothing special about them. I have several GW2K towers and desktops here and they all use pretty much the same rubber feet.

Yes it has to say "P5-133" on the front and include all other parts from the case. Internal circuitry is optional because I will be putting a modern system in there. I looked at the same exact styled Gateway P5's on Ebay and there were actually rubber feet on both the top and bottom of the cases.

Last edited:
Yes, rubber feet were placed on both sides of the corners because that smaller version of the case was also used as a desktop in addition to being a tower. Some Multimedia models and the P5 Destination computers (labeled as D5 and so on) used this case, but in desktop form as the drive bays would lay horizontally and the rest of the case would be laying as a desktop. The GW logo would also be turned.

If you find what you are wanting and it does have the original internal parts, please offer them to someone who will use the original parts instead of trashing them. I see many people do this with old systems that they want to "mod" the case with (they just throw them out), and people who could actually use the original parts lose out.

I've got a P5-166 that looks exactly like your picture. I think the previous owner must have upgraded it, because it's a Celeron 333 now. Motherboard and back panel fit perfect, so Gateway must have never changed this design?

You are right, the case design did not change much. The thing that did change was the outer aesthetic look that was made using the outer plastic panels. The inner (main) metal case largely remained the same throughout several years and models.

Yes, rubber feet were placed on both sides of the corners because that smaller version of the case was also used as a desktop in addition to being a tower. Some Multimedia models and the P5 Destination computers (labeled as D5 and so on) used this case, but in desktop form as the drive bays would lay horizontally and the rest of the case would be laying as a desktop. The GW logo would also be turned.

If you find what you are wanting and it does have the original internal parts, please offer them to someone who will use the original parts instead of trashing them. I see many people do this with old systems that they want to "mod" the case with (they just throw them out), and people who could actually use the original parts lose out.

I highly value old computer hardware. I will only trash components if they are truly broken. I would probably take out what components I like from the Gateway tower, (Likely the sound card, graphics card, or drives) then I will put the rest of the parts into a new case and build a new system, and sell it online as a custom retro build. It was fun to do. I once built a custom tower with an original 1997 Gateway Intel 430VX Pentium MMX motherboard put into a 2001 series Gateway beige and grey style ATX case. (The ones with the front USB and Firewire ports) Most of my personal retro-puters are customized in some way.

Last edited:
I just recently acquired this model. The metal case has some scratches. The plastic face has scuffs as well. The face cover also has a broke metal clip but it's still inside. One of the plastic pins(bottom right) Is broke but was inside. The power LED is not lighting up. The hard drive LED does. I booted successfully with a dos 6.22 boot disk. The Western Digital Caviar hard drive was faulty. I removed it. It has a Fujitsu hard drive. I was able to partition and format. I have removed the LAN card as I value those for networking. It has a tape drive that was disconnected. I have not tested it or have a tape medium to do so. It has 64MB RAM. Pentium 133 MHZ CPU. The floppy drive installed was not booting my boot disk. I used one of my spares to test. I have put the old one back. May need a cleaning. HAs an Ensoniq ES-1370 sound card. Matrox 618-02 REV. A vidoe card. Any questions or pictures I will be happy to take those or any questions. Happy I found this web site. Thought I was alone in the world. Happy to be here. I have thrown away some beauties. Never again :D

Thanks for your post, glad to have you here! :) I'd love it if you'd upload some pics on here. Can the broken off pieces easily be repaired with super glue?

Last edited:
I was just thinking it would be really cool if I post pics of the system I end up building with the Gateway case.. You can keep any hardware you want from the Gateway system. The hardware parts you mentioned I already have or they don't interest me. Leave the front bay drives so they can keep the case front panel protected and intact while shipping.

Back