• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: IBM Model 5155 handle screws

Springbok

Experienced Member
After spending 20+ hours restoring an IBM 5155 Luggable PC, I got to the very last part, namely reinstalling the handle and realized I can’t find the screws for the handle. I had soaked them in Vinegar, then wrapped them in a paper towel. I did put the paper towel in a baggy, but for some reason removed it. I suspect the paper towel (and its contents) were thrown in the trash. I went dumpster diving but with no success. I suspect they are in the trash that was hauled on Friday. I am so upset. The PC came out perfect, but now I cant install the handle.

If anyone perhaps has a parted out 5155, and you have the screws, would you please shoot me an e-mail. My e-mail is doplussee@gmail.com

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm assuming you want original screws? If not couldn't you get screws at the hardware store or something?

Do you have photos of them? I'm sure you could find something, if not have it retaped for a more normal size screw?
Are you sure there not metric?

IIRC it's sorta like a slotted thumb screw with plain head ( not knurled ) and screws into a long barrel type nut.

thumb_screw.jpg

Back