• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Wanted: Leading Edge Model D BIOS Image 3.01 for DC-2011

gepooljr

Experienced Member
I swapped out my stock BIOS for the SuperXT BIOS several years ago. I've decided I would like to return my Model D back to original condition. After looking for it, it seems I have lost the original chip during one of many moves. Can anyone post/send an image copy of the 3.01 ROM? It should fit on a single chip. My Model D is the 8088 4.77 version without Turbo. Model type is DC-2011.

Thanks in advance!

Geoff

PDXTony

Thanks Robert! I will try them both.

Geoff
Hello Geoff! Old thread, I know, but I am also curious about the newest versions of the Leading Edge Model D BIOS. Did you find success in using 3.10 or 3.11? Any hiccups, tips, tricks, or other information to share? Than kyou!

gepooljr

Experienced Member
Hello Geoff! Old thread, I know, but I am also curious about the newest versions of the Leading Edge Model D BIOS. Did you find success in using 3.10 or 3.11? Any hiccups, tips, tricks, or other information to share? Than kyou!
Hi Robert... I didn't have any success in either, but I've removed all the cards and am going to try it again this weekend.... just got home from a long trip and I'm catching up, as they say.

PDX - Yiou are in Portland OR?

gepooljr

Experienced Member
I just moved from Portland to Las Vegas two years ago .... not too many vintage tech heads out here. Leading Edge Model D is one of my favorite systems and mine is in pretty good shape.

PDXTony

I just moved from Portland to Las Vegas two years ago .... not too many vintage tech heads out here. Leading Edge Model D is one of my favorite systems and mine is in pretty good shape.
Nice! Yeah I'm in Beaverton, actually.
Today I got my Model D running with the XT-IDE.