• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: Modified DS1287 chip

raifield

Experienced Member
So the DS1287 chip in my IBM Model 30-286 board is predictably dead. I bought a replacement DS1287 on eBay, which turned out to actually be a DS12887. It fared no better, the time and date still is lost upon reboot or power-off.

Is anyone selling DS1287's with the coin-cell modification or be willing to for a price? I accidentally bent the pins in my DS1287, but they don't seem greatly damaged, so I could send that to someone if needed. I guess the DS12887 could also be modified in the same manner, but I'm not sure.

Just getting tired of that double beep every time I turn the system on...

Thanks, I'll give both a shot. A bad RTC isn't a big deal, it's just not supposed to be bad, so therefore it must be fixed.

Back