• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: Retro Sound Cards

I'm after a Covox Sound Master, in case you happen to come across one...

covox1.jpg

I have a PPT Voice Master Key System II that I picked it up relatively recently, mostly because it came with a true Speech Thing in the auction (it also had the Covox speakers, similar to what's above) - the manual referenced an optional ISA card that could be used with the system. I'm not 100% sure if it interfaces w/ the SoundMaster II sound cards or another proprietary type of card?

So far I have been able to buy:
1 CT1320
1 CT1600
1 CT1690
1 Yamaha FB-01
1 Roland MCB-1
2 Roland RAP-10 with MCB-10 (en route)
1 Roland S-MPU-IIAT (en route)
1 Roland SCD-15 (en route)

Negotiations on LAPC-I and additional MCB-10s / MCB-1s have stalled. Interesting how some people do not really reply to correspondence.

Thank you Sir! Google hates me: it pops up anti robot challenges every time I run a search now. I am still looking for stuff.

I bought a Roland MT-32 for $51 (including shipping) just now. That makes the search for a LAPC-I less urgent. I hope the S-MPU-IIAT arrives soon so I can hook up the FB-01 / MT-32 and blast away with Silpheed.

Would you like to meet up for lunch sometime this week?

I am also chasing a SCD-7 and MPU-401AT right now. We will wait and see. This Google stuff results in a lot of hit & miss unfortunately.

Cool. In the meantime you can use your regular SB card and softmpu to emulate the MPU.
Yes, let's get together this week. Will PM you.
Good luck with the sound search!
Let me know if you run across any MPU-IMC!

My RAP-10 / MCB-10 with SoftMPU works with the Yamaha FB-01 in Sierra games. Pretty neat.

The CT1320 was a DOA so I will send it back. I got my SCD-15 (NOS) at my EU address today. I will pick it up in December. Other initiatives are not moving ahead as fast as I would like (MCB-1 NOS, MPU-IPC-T, MPU-401AT, LAPC-I). I also have a 2nd RAP-10 en route.

I recently acquired a COVOX Voice Master Key System II. This is the external parallel port version and not a bus card. I am searching for the COVOX v2.04X diskette (or just copies of the files). I have a copy of the v2.04 files but that only applies to the bus card. Any help would be appreciated.

VM_TN.jpg

Back