• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: Riser card for IBM PS/1 Consultant model 2155-G76

DimensionDude

Experienced Member
Well, during the semi-annual fire-up of Ol' Blue, fire was the operative word. It booted into Windows 95 just fine but after a short while I smelled something burning. Immediately pulled the AC plug and removed the case.

Apparently the small electrolytic capacitors on the riser card had dried out and created a very real short circuit. Traces burned hot enough to make a hole in the board.

The system works fine without the riser for now, but of course I don't have any accessories like audio or network. I tried cleaning the burned residue from around the hole in hopes that at least one expansion slot would work but it was not to be.

So, I'm quite willing to pay for a replacement riser card should anyone have one. This is the second "real" computer that I bought new in 1993 or so (the first being a Tandy 1000TX).

Incidentally, it came with OS/2 which I used for a very long time.

Kent

Well, during the semi-annual fire-up of Ol' Blue, fire was the operative word. It booted into Windows 95 just fine but after a short while I smelled something burning. Immediately pulled the AC plug and removed the case.

Apparently the small electrolytic capacitors on the riser card had dried out and created a very real short circuit. Traces burned hot enough to make a hole in the board.

The system works fine without the riser for now, but of course I don't have any accessories like audio or network. I tried cleaning the burned residue from around the hole in hopes that at least one expansion slot would work but it was not to be.

So, I'm quite willing to pay for a replacement riser card should anyone have one. This is the second "real" computer that I bought new in 1993 or so (the first being a Tandy 1000TX).

Incidentally, it came with OS/2 which I used for a very long time.

Kent
Got a picture by any chance? I've scrapped quite a few IBM systems in my time and just might have something in one of the boxes.

And please put a slightly more meaningful location in your profile!

Got a picture by any chance? I've scrapped quite a few IBM systems in my time and just might have something in one of the boxes.

And please put a slightly more meaningful location in your profile!

Hi MikeS,

Location is updated, pics should be attached.

ibmfront.jpgibmback.jpg

Kent

edit: Note that all the electrolytic capacitors have been removed.

Last edited:
Hi MikeS,

Location is updated, pics should be attached.
C'mon, that's not the "end of the civilized world"! ;-)

Nothing quite like it in my "Risers" box, but it looks darned familiar; I'll keep an eye out as I roam through the chaos of my junk pile, err, treasure trove.

Any useful numbers on it?

C'mon, that's not the "end of the civilized world"! ;-)

Nothing quite like it in my "Risers" box, but it looks darned familiar; I'll keep an eye out as I roam through the chaos of my junk pile, err, treasure trove.

Any useful numbers on it?

Hmm...yep, numbers all over it. A sticker with a barcode has G100Z004791 81F8872 226. A different sticker has 81F8872 EC 2ZC03360 7004. Etched into the board is a subset of the second sticker.

Well, it may not be the edge of the civilized world, but it's certainly on the cusp of "civilized" and "hillbilly/redneck."

Back