• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: Serial Terminal (Digital VT320 or similar) in Adelaide AUSTRALIA

cluttered

Once upon a time I had a nice Digital VT320 which I lent to someone. He lent it to someone else, they moved away, people lost contact, etc. I never saw that terminal again, and now I'd really like to get another one. I'd prefer to stick with Digital if possible, anything from VT100 to VT5xx, although the VT2xx are a bit ugly :)

Does anyone in Australia have one that is in good condition for a sane price? I'd prefer something local in Adelaide, but I'm willing to pay for shipping for the right item.

I know Malcolm, he has been to my house in the USA before. Wish I Could get down to Australia to see what he has available. Good hunting.

Malcolm's for-sale list is very tempting to me, I'm a VAX guy from way back. But I can't seem to find a way to contact him on that web site, am I missing something obvious?

Bill's probably got a better idea, but you can leave a comment at the bottom of that blog post. The author will be notified and can send you his details.

Hi Guys,

I know Malcolm all. And know the original owner of the whole collection. That's the good news.

Bad news is much of it has already gone. probably 90%

I am in Melbourne, but 2 hrs drive from where it was stored.

Cluttered, you can message me here. I saved a few small systems from that collection. I still have 2 terminal to pick up, that Malcolm has aside for me.

The machines I got them for, I will not be keeping, so them and terminals will go.

Also I am thinking of driving to Adelaide late next year for the big Space Conference that's to be held there. Maybe I could bring over.

It's sad to hear that much of the collection has already gone, I was toying with the idea of getting a VAX system of some kind.

I notice that last night someone in Melbourne has advertised 4 VT330s and 4 VT340s on eBay. They're a bit pricey but maybe I should buy one of those, it's very unusual to see any VT terminals locally for sale.

It is kind of you to offer to bring a terminal on your next trip, but that's a bit far in the future for me. Although maybe I'll be interested in a second terminal or other hardware, so that could yet work out.

I am thinking its probably Malcolm whom has those terminals for sale on eBay.

I will send you a Private message when I get back at about 2pm my time

Thanks for hunting me down cluttered. Thanks also to Bill and David for the steer in my direction. I've just responded to your email. I do apologise (sort of) for listing the VT330 and VT340s at ebay-level pricing. If you are happy to take items untested, uncleaned and outside of ebay, I can halve the prices. I'm also very open to doing swaps. This is more about clearing items out (and getting them to good home) that getting cash for them. But the economics of cleaning, testing and photographing individual items (and being around to demo items when people come to collect them) becomes unworkable when talking about a large collection.

Back