• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Wanted: TRS-80 Model 4P Lid/Cover

EagleTG

Experienced Member
First, I know this probably belongs in the "Wanted" section. I might be breaking the rules but wanted to get some Tandy/Radio Shack people's eyes on it. If it massively annoys someone that this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it. My intent was only to slightly annoy. :)

I finally found a 4P that met almost all of my criteria. Sadly it is missing the cover/lid. The price was mostly right, so I jumped on it anyway.

There are two styles of lid, I need the plastic latch version, not the metal Frankenstein's neck bolt style.
TRS-80Model4PLid.jpg

(Original source image blatantly stolen from Bill Degnan's site)

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone has one in any condition (yellowed, broken, cracked would be OK!) please contact me off-list. I would also consider purchasing a "for parts" machine in order to get the lid and maybe scrounge for other parts.

I don't think the lids are marked as to what they belong to. If they are, it's not overly apparent. So if you have one kicking around I would think it's possible to not even know what it goes with.

Thanks!

Hi EagleTG,

This thread is somewhat in a gray area as it is a wanted item, but it is a specific part that probably only a Tandy enthusiast would have lying around. We can leave it here as long as no one objects and the courtesy is not abused.

Good luck in finding the lid. Did you find a "little to no yellowing" 4P? :)

Pete

I did! It's beautiful (for a 4P) which is why I decided to snag it even without the lid.

I'll post some pictures after I give it a scrub-down. Probably after VCF East at this point though. Trying to get work done on my exhibit(s). :)

Hahah, that's awesome. I don't think that's yellow, per se... I'd call that more of a suntanned, dried up mustard bordering on orange. Maybe even suntan with a bronzing agent of some sort. In my opinion, that's also stupid money for a TRS-80 Model 4P, especially one that's in that kind of condition.

It's funny, the one I got was mentioned to be "a little yellowed" by the owner, but the pictures show that it wasn't that bad. Looks even better in person, so maybe they were just exercising an abundance of caution? Either way, I'm quite pleased.

Back