• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted Vintage Tektronix,Computers and displays

I am in search of desktop computers like this 4052A and the large screen 4054A. Also looking for the following terminals like the 4002, 4006, 4010 and 4012 . Looking for just about anything old tektronix or HP.I am willing to trade or buy. I will try to be available here on the forum but my email is the best way to contact (manchvegassalvage@yahoo.com) I own a computer and electronics recovery company and work at it 7 days a week ( I neglect my girlfriend more then the forum)

Hiya comp_rec,

I can maybe trade you something here and there, I come across quite a bit at times. But you say you own a "recovery company" and that sounds like "recycling center" or "demanufacturing place."

What do you do with what you get? I'd be happy to move things to you but not if they're going to be torn down, never to be used as they were meant to be. Sorry if I sound brusque or too much to the point, but I have to ask.

Nathan

Nathan:

I am considered a Computer and electronic recycling company.And I have two guys that separate and demanufacture quite a bit of product.Any vintage computers/tube based electronics/vintage video games..Etc...etc.. are separated out of the mix and I personally go thru and decide whats to be scrapped . obviously I get alot of systems that just have too be sacraficed to the scrap. If they are cosmetically damaged then they are demanufactured for parts or scrap.If they are in undamaged condition then they are either kept for my collection or they are set aside for other collectors that stop into my shop on a revolving basis.

Your question is appropiate and just!! Any Computer or electronics that I post or search for on this forrum is for my personal collection or my brothers.

I would be happy to trade back and forth on things of interest.I will post some pix of my collection and of other systems and parts that I have for trade or sale ( if you have nothing to trade ).I also have an extensive IC /memory module / hard drive / floppy drive and other parts.

Sean B

Back