• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: XT clone or 286/AT Era Case

vanderk

Experienced Member
Hi. I am assembling a "period" 286 computer and need a 286/AT style or even a XT clone case (not the later 386/486 and later cases). "Mint" is not a requirement, but I am looking for a respectable example (with or without PS)

Thanks,

Chris

I'm not altogether sure its what your looking for Beau but there is a guy on eBay that has a stash of NOS AT style cases for $50 plus shipping; they are more for a large tower model, but he is in L.A. but he is also the only one I have ever found that lists as having them like that. I plan on picking one up from him myself but I am needing a large tower for a project that has been on the back shelf way too long. But with you being in FLA. I see, it may be more than you wish to spend on it with shipping that far with current sky high prices. You may have already known about this guy but if not here is a link to his eBay store. Good luck with your project and search.
http://stores.ebay.com/PC-R-PRO-INC?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Last edited:
Thanks, but the cases are a little too modern for what I need. I may pick-up one for a 486 project though. Here's a photo of an example of what I am looking for--an XT or 286 clone desktop case:

View attachment 9884

re: case

re: case

I have an AT clone desktop case that I've owned for a long, long time.
I think it started out as a 286-10 many years ago.
Full size desktop case measures ~21"W x 16.5"D x 6"H.
With working power supply.
Has 1 internal full size 5 1/4" drive bay that will accomodate a full size
5 1/4" drive, or two 1/2 height - 1/3 height drives.
Has 3 external 5 1/4" drive bays.

Here are a couple pictures:

ATCase-Front.jpgATCase-Rear.JPG

Back