• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

ways to transfer applications to a Mac Plus?

leos_advs

hi!, i have a 4mb Mac plus is working great but i just have the Os system... and i dont have another mac to format floppys and transfer programs.. my plus have a SCSI port and my G4 mac have it too .. so i think i connect my mac plus and the g4 its possible to transfer things?
or exist another way to transfer apps?

sorry for the noob question ;)

hi!, i have a 4mb Mac plus is working great but i just have the Os system... and i dont have another mac to format floppys and transfer programs.. my plus have a SCSI port and my G4 mac have it too .. so i think i connect my mac plus and the g4 its possible to transfer things?
or exist another way to transfer apps?

sorry for the noob question ;)
Well, you can't connect the 2 together, but you can put together an external scsi drive that both can use and use that to move data. Just make sure you've got good scsi termination or the Plus won't see the drive.

I use a scsi card in a G4 with an external zip or hard drive to move files to my mac SE. If the files you want to move are disk images, you need a version of apple's image-to-floppy program that will run on the plus. (dang, I forget what it's called - diskcopy 4.2 if you're running system 6?)

And then I use the SE (with external 400k drive) to move files to 400k floppies for my mac 512, since the 512 doesn't have a scsi port. So I have to keep a couple of newer macs around just to feed files to the 512. (internet -> g4 -> mac SE -> mac 512). But it's worth it to run system 0.97 on the 512.

Jeff

thanks for reply.. i found in a market 2 old "pizza box" mac and use that to transfer things to the mac plus.. but i want to buy a scsi zip drive to make a "hard disk" for the plus

thanks for reply.. i found in a market 2 old "pizza box" mac and use that to transfer things to the mac plus.. but i want to buy a scsi zip drive to make a "hard disk" for the plus

I bet someone on this forum has an old external mac scsi drive enclosure they'd be happy to get rid of. In fact, I do, but they're buried in the back of my storage unit and won't see the light of day for at least a few weeks.

Hmm, once you get an external mac hard drive, you could use it to boot the mac plus too. Much faster.

Back