• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

what is a "PCO Switch Board"?

Would you be able to put a caliper across the board and accurately measure its size, the hole sizes and positioning, and the switch spacing/positioning please?
I have a future project (one of many, like everyone else) that may need this.
Thanks,
Steve.

Sure.
Board is 5.125" X 1.625".
Hole size 0.15".
Holes from left edge: 0.2".
Holes from right edge: 0.4".
Center of switch from left edge: 0.85". 1.0" more to second switch center, then 1.5", then 1.0".
Hole from top edge: 0.56", then 0.875" more to next hole.

Pete

Thanks! I am assuming you are measuring on the hole edges rather than centre to centre, and that the switch centre is along the centreline of the board.
Is this close? The '0.875" more to the next hole' seems to place the bottom holes off the board....? Hence the dimension in red.

PCO_switch_board_dimensions.png

If you could measure the railing size and also the switch paddle pivot height above the board that would be great, as would an end-on photo of the board. Assuming the switches are C&K can you read any numbers?
Thanks again.

No, hole measurements are to center of holes.
Yes, switch CL is on the board CL.
Switches are all Stackpole brand, except that one of the momentary's was replaced with an Airpax PN 028-420-0002. I don't see a PN on the Stackpoles, just V and I ratings.
Paddle pivot (CL) height is 0.97" above the board.
One pic below shows you "rough" measurements looking top-down.

I was planning to put it on eBay next week - should I just send it to you instead? If so, how about enough for a 6-pack of good Colorado beer (about US$10), plus shipping?
But if you really just want more dimension info, we can continue that way...

Pete
20200123_184211.jpg
20200123_184225.jpg
20200123_184412.jpg

Thanks again, very much.
Nah, you go ahead and eBay it - the cost of shipping beer from where I am would be excessive and I think it might never get past Customs. They would have a nice time with it though :).
Here's revision 2:
PCO_switch_board_dimensions_rev2.png
Reason I wanted the details is, I have the vac-formed bezel from I believe a PC04, from a sadly gone machine.
I noticed that on photos of an actual reader, this bezel seems to be fitted into a standard 10-1/2" DEC panel. Vince(?) has done an STL for the switch paddles, so by printing them and CADing a repop panel surround, cut a piece of styrene for the switch fascia I can make something that looks like a real PC04 that obeys the 'six foot rule', ie it looks good from 6 feet away. An Arduino and small motor could drive and read the tape. At any rate it would be a great rack filler.
I can extract the rest of the PCO measurements photogrammetrically but it is nice to get proper measurements instead.

Back