• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What is it? Model 4 Super Drive on fleabay?

"SuperDrive" is a RAM disk driver for use with an Alpha Technology SuperMem memory board. The thing is... that card does not look like a memory board. I wonder if the card and the disk were just randomly thrown in with each other.

I wish the photo was higher resolution so you could make out the board better, since it's apparently impossible to google up a picture of a SuperMem board. Unless the SuperMem were a multi-board set I almost wonder if that's something like an Omikron Mapper. (They made those, or something similar, for the Model III, didn't they?)

(EDIT: Apparently they made SuperMem boards for the Model I and III as well, so it's at least plausible that the card isn't actually for a Model IV.)

Last edited:
Yeah I did some searching, did not find much on the "superdrive". That does look like the mem card hardware though, wonder for which model.

Does that board really look like a memory card? It only has four visible chips on it. Unless there are some Simm or Sip sockets I'm missing... maybe the memory is on the back? (I failed miserably in any attempt to find a photo of the product.)

Last edited:
With the chips on there and the socket on the bottom, I suspect it might be the related CPU accelerator or a specialized controller/MMU for the RAMDISK. Wish the image on Ebay was clearer or that Anitek manuals were available for download.

Back