• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What is this Wang card?

Springbok

Experienced Member
Can anyone tell me more about this card and what it is used for. Found it in a salvage 5150. Tried to google info, but could not find any.

Thanks

image(2).jpgimage(1).jpgimage(3).jpg

Last edited:
Could you take an Hi-Res photo that looks like the second one?
That will be fundamental to determine what kind of card is this...

A better picture will make it more obvious. Wang did sell a lot of network cards with paired connectors similar to that card. Doesn't mean I am sure that it is, the images aren't detailed enough to confirm.

Hello from Marcus.

Well to all those other British readers .. yes did you think the title was amusing too? Anyway, sorry to lower the tone and moving swiftly on ...

My memories of the Wang 2200 and other systems must surely be theoretical. I could not possibly have been around then right?

But I did consult my website and if you checkout my 2200 service manual which is here

http://maben.homeip.net/static/S100/wang/systems/2200/wang 2200 service manual.pdf

You will see some details about the dual coax arrangement that linked workstations to the CPU

This is no doubt a PC card that would enable terminal emulation then to a Wang system. As per previous posting, please post some high resolution images.
I never kept our 2200 but it was impressive at the time.

Regards Marcus B

Note to self: my Wang directory needs a tidy up!

http://books.google.co.nz/books?id=...0CEAQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Wang PC Local&f=false
Good reading.
Working out their stuff now is difficult because most offices probably tossed their gear - but whenever I do research I actually see what a clean system is described and usually well featured.
There was also a verison for the original Wang PC which had a switch that would let it boot from the network ("Remote / Local"). All uses that twin BNC connector system.

Last edited:
Back