• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

what switch panel is this?

saipan59

Experienced Member
In the picture, what is the switch panel on the left from?
The one on the right is the common type, found in 11/23 cabs and such.
The left one is the same physical setup - lights and switches are in the same places, and the mounting holes are the same.
But it has two 16-pin DIP sockets for the electrical connections.
The chips are the same: 7406, 74123, DS8838.
On the back is marked "LIGHTS AND SWITCHES BOARD" and "5011807C-P2" and "5411808".
Also, the Restart switch is NOT momentary, like on the standard board.
Also, the AUX LED is installed, whereas it is not in the standard board.

Thanks,
Pete
switches.jpg

Found it - it's an earlier type of 11/03 panel. Note the difference in the switch functions. And a site says that all 3 switches are on-off (the left-most switch is not momentary).

Pete
20170712_111817-Medium.jpg

Yes as noted it's an 11/03 switch panel, and all three switches are non-momentary.
If you are in need of the exact bezel for this board and have access to a 3D printer you can print one off from my CAD model at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2829191
It's different to the 11/23 bezel in that the top and bottom edges are bevelled to fit the 3-1/2" high fascia panel (If I had an 11/23 bezel to measure I would add that to the drawing).

The lower DIP socket is I believe for the KPV11 remote control. It's reminiscent of having the two DSKY's connected to the AGC in the Apollo Command Module :)
Here is a bit of info on that option, which also gives the part numbers for the board and the bezel:
KPV11_Power_Controller_Sequencer.jpg

Nope, it's not from a PDP-8a. There are two types of panels for PDP8a, one for core memory machines and one for semiconductor memory machines. None of them have more than one DIL package. The one for semiconductor memory has none and the other one have one DIL (array of four transistors).

Back