• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Whats the going price for an original adlib card these days?

PgrAm

Experienced Member
I was thinking of going after a genuine adlib card for use in my 286 and of course for testing my code on, but I'm not sure if one of these is within my reach so I figured I'd ask here as I know Ebay prices are often inflated.

If any of you guys recently bought or sold one I'd be interesting in how much it went for. I'm interested in both the 1987 and 1990 models, not sure if there is a huge price difference.

Wow, I got both of mine for free, one I found in an actual rubbish bag of computer parts.

I don't see them come up very often here, actually I haven't for years, but I'd personally have a hard time spending much more than $50 and feeling like I got a good deal.
But I guess there is more buyers than sellers, but still at > $50, personally I'd be looking in to a clone card, or just using the adlib functionality of an average sound card.

Just opinion though.

Yeah I already have some sound-blaster 16s, I might look into building a replica as I've seen some kits around. I figured it would be ideal to get the real thing so I know how my music sounds on the original card. $50 was what I was hoping for considering I recently got my MT32 for $75 CAD (~ $60 US).

Oh well.

Back