• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Where can I get a Commodore 64 game called "Donkey Kong" by Ocean... ? Game trading.

Where can I get a Commodore 64 game called "Donkey Kong" by Ocean... ? Game trading.

Where can I get a Commodore 64 game called "Donkey Kong" by Ocean... ?

What format was the above game on for example was it on floppy disk and if yes on what size floppy disk was it on a game cartrdige or cassette?

Who has this game I would liek to know since I have some quesations about it. I am also intersted in game trading you may leave a list of games you have if you wish that you would like to perhaps trade with as well as how I can get in cotnact with you if you wish.

I am not lookiing to down load from the web I want "Donkey Kong" mailed to me.

The Lemon64 site suggests the Ocean 1986 release was available both on cassette and 5.25" floppy disk. Seven people in their community have indicated they own a tape version and two people say they own the disk version. I have neither.

It should be noted that Atarisoft published an earlier version of the same game in 1983. As far as I know that was a cartridge only (11 people) release, but still three people have checked "tape" and another person specified "disk" when it comes to ownership. I suppose those 3+1 persons are mixing up the Atari 1983 and Ocean 1986 releases.

If you want a physical original copy, join the forum over at lemon64 and post a wanted in the supermarket section.
Since I don't know your location, please post where in the world you are, and if you are pal or ntsc so you can get a correct copy.

Later,
dabone

"Donkey Kong " preferably in NTSC by Ocean... preferably 5=1/4 inch disk needed in WA

"Donkey Kong " preferably in NTSC by Ocean... preferably 5=1/4 inch disk needed in WA

I want "Donkey Kong " preferably in NTSC by Ocean... preferably 5-1/4 inch disk needed in Seattle, Wahington United States of North America. Was the cassette version by Ocean... the same as the 5-1/4 inch floppy disk version? Currently the only Commodore equipment thing I have to play it on that I can find is a Commodore model 1571 5-1/4 inch disc drive. If you have this instead of posting it here please email me direct from an email address. I do not have any Commodore equipement to my knowledge that is not in NTSC unoless a Commodore C128 or a 1571 will work with more then one standard. I have a Commodore cassette drive though can not find it. If you have a "Donkey Kong" that I am looking you may send me a email to videoperson@gmail.com and let me know what you want for it and I will give you my complete address if the price/ deal is alright to me.

It should be noted that Atarisoft published an earlier version of the same game in 1983. As far as I know that was a cartridge only (11 people) release, but still three people have checked "tape" and another person specified "disk" when it comes to ownership. I suppose those 3+1 persons are mixing up the Atari 1983 and Ocean 1986 releases.

The Atarisoft C64 games were widely pirated and copied on disk. In fact I have a disk called "The 1984 Atarisoft Collection" which contains about 10 of the games. (Ironically, this disk is copy-protected!)

After viewing the Atarisoft "Donkey Kong" I like that version the most.

After viewing the Atarisoft "Donkey Kong" I like that version the most.

After viewing the Atarisoft "Donkey Kong" I like that version the most. If you have this pelase email me at videoperson@gmail.com

It would assume though that members of the Lemon64 community check which games they have pirate copies of, something I strongly doubt people are stupid enough to do. However if some publisher, with or without Atarisoft's permission, commercially re-released a collection of old cartridge games on disk or tape, it would qualify. In particular are neither Lemon64 nor Gamebase64 specifically list game collections. I've seen e.g. World of Spectrum lists collections separately. It is probably a matter of which is more important; the games themselves or the individual releases.

Back