• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Who is scanning and archiving Apple II books nowadays?

Chris Hafner

I recently came into a stack of Apple II-related reference and programming books, and while I'm looking forward to working through them, I want to make sure they're available to the community as well. I think at some point there was somebody scanning in books and archiving them - am I correct on that, and is it still happening? If so, if somebody could point me in the right direction I'd be happy to make these all available if they're not already in the archive.

Cheers,
Chris Hafner

I recreated the Apple II Redbook, it's in PDF format and 90% vectored. If you need a copy I can email you it.

Hi Chris -

The past 3 years, I have been scanning books & magazines for www.Apple2Online.com and have done about 350-375 so far. This month so far I've added 47 program disks and 9 PDFs to the system. I am continuing to scan, primarily working on the inCider and A+ magazines now that I have all of The Apple II Review and The Apple IIGS Buyer's Guide issues scanned and online. I've also been buying up as much as I can afford to scan, and have had several folks already contribute books & magazines to us. I'd be happy to take anything you'd like to contribute to A2OL.

Back