• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: 19" or larger VGA CRT in Chicago area

I am looking to buy a single 19" diagonal or larger CRT that supports at least 1600x1200 @ 85hz.

Local only, due to the difficulty/economic feasibility of shipping large tubes. I am paying up to $60 and possibly more.

Must be beige/white.

Aperture grill/Trinitron tubes are preferred but not required.

Please PM if you are nearby and willing to make a deal. Thanks.

What did you find?

My favorite 19-inch CRT that I have is an NEC MultiSync FP950. That was the last CRT that I bought new years ago before moving to LCD displays. At 60 pounds or so I cringe every time I pull it out of the storage room to temporarily set it up again.

At 60 pounds or so I cringe every time I pull it out of the storage room to temporarily set it up again.

This is pretty much what I came into this thread wondering. The biggest CRT I ever owned was a Sylvania 17" and I know that thing weighed a ton. I dont think my current 55" TV even weighs as much as that thing.

What did you find?

My favorite 19-inch CRT that I have is an NEC MultiSync FP950. That was the last CRT that I bought new years ago before moving to LCD displays. At 60 pounds or so I cringe every time I pull it out of the storage room to temporarily set it up again.

I found a 21 inch Hitachi Superscan from 1997. Works perfect.

Back