• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: 386 SX/DX System

mojorific

Experienced Member
Looking for a 386 desktop system with matching keyboard and matching monitor if possible. Can be an SX or DX variant.

Prefer a system that is not heavily yellowed and must be in working order. Working HDD is not required. I would like a branded system (Gateway 2000, Dell, Compaq, or others) if possible, and standard 16-bit ISA slots.

Please message me if you have something available for shipping to Canada. I have done many transactions here, and on ebay with 100% positive feedback. I also have a lot of older vintage Tandy systems for trade if you are looking to trade as well, but will definitely fair price for a nice system.

Thank you!

Looking for a 386 desktop system with matching keyboard and matching monitor if possible. Can be an SX or DX variant.

Prefer a system that is not heavily yellowed and must be in working order. Working HDD is not required. I would like a branded system (Gateway 2000, Dell, Compaq, or others) if possible, and standard 16-bit ISA slots.

Please message me if you have something available for shipping to Canada. I have done many transactions here, and on ebay with 100% positive feedback. I also have a lot of older vintage Tandy systems for trade if you are looking to trade as well, but will definitely fair price for a nice system.

Thank you!

Yesterday I bought a AMD386DX/40 off some auction. You're probably aware of the following, but I thought it worth mentioning that the 386SX has 16-bit bus, whereas the 486SX is 32-bit but no FPU. Performance-wise, I would recommend a 386DX. Speaking strictly of the bus, the 386SX and the 486SX are completely different animals in that respect.

Yesterday I bought a AMD386DX/40 off some auction. You're probably aware of the following, but I thought it worth mentioning that the 386SX has 16-bit bus, whereas the 486SX is 32-bit but no FPU. Performance-wise, I would recommend a 386DX. Speaking strictly of the bus, the 386SX and the 486SX are completely different animals in that respect.

Yes, I would prefer a DX, but i'm not picky in that respect. I had a 386 SX back in the days, and just looking to get something of similar speed for a few particular games.

Yes, I would prefer a DX, but i'm not picky in that respect. I had a 386 SX back in the days, and just looking to get something of similar speed for a few particular games.

I understand. However, the 386DX and 386SX are going to be about the same price (no discounts just because its a 386SX), so why not go for the superior performance factor and better software compatibility?

Good luck with your search. Not dought you'll come across something suitable. You're probably more likely to find a clone system than branded I'd imagine though.

Last edited:
Picked up another system in the meantime that I thought would be fun to play around with:

8d5e1adb70988086341ac6f946a104fb.jpg

An early portable 486. Theres a few upgrades I can make to it, and I imagine it will be pretty fun to use with Windows 3.1 and some gaming. Looks to be in good shape and is the color version.

eBay has a couple systems you may be interested in:

1. Vintage Zeos 386sx Computer 25mhz 4mb RAM 125mb HDD DOS 6.22 Model: 386-25/8 $129 or best offer @ http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Zeo...tage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item540b81b410 Shipping: $16.50

2. Vintage computer 386sx / 8mb RAM / 170mb hard drive / Sound card / VGA Action currents sits @ $38 and ends on (Jul 10, 2014 17:27:19 PDT) @ http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-com...tage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item4ad806b9f6 Shipping $48.29 (ouch!)

Good luck with your search.

F. Fota

Back