• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Apple IIe keyswitches and caps or a junk keyboard

Old Thrashbarg

Veteran Member
I posted about this awhile back, but I accidentally put it in the 'for sale' section so it didn't get much response.

I have a IIe enhanced (later style, but not Platinum) with this type of keys/switches:

apple_iie_keyboard.jpg

I am missing the 4, 5, 6 and 8 keys, and the little '+' parts of those switch posts are also broken off. I've been scouring eBay for a few months now, but the few listings I've found for the individual parts have been rather high priced... like, $17-18 per key in total to get the caps and switches. If I just needed one, I might bite the bullet, but for four of them it's a bit much.

So how about it? Anybody got some parts or a whole junk keyboard they'd be willing to part with? I don't care if the keys are yellowed and crappy-looking, since the rest of my keyboard is yellowed and crappy-looking anyhow. Hell, I'm not even so picky as to require it be all the correct key caps... like if you've got a 4, 5, ~ and Q or something, I could live with that, just to have some sort of key in those spots. :lol:

Back