• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Atari PC3 (8088) / PC4 (80286) / PC5 (80386)

Flamin Joe

Experienced Member
Hi all,

I've been on a few forums trying to track down an Atari PC3 8088 or an Atari PC4 80286 with some success. I managed to pick up a PC3 (just the box) but it's in need of some restoration and I would like if possible to find the original Atari PC keyboard. The mouse is no problem to find as it was the same as the STM1 used on the Atari ST so they are fairly easy to find.

So does any have either a PC3 (non working is OK as it will be good for spares) or also a PC4 which I would also like to find and restore? Condition is not important I'm happy to take whatever I can find.

Also wouldn't mind finding a PC5 80386. I'm not interested in any of the pre-PC3 machines.

If your in the USA and don't particularly wish to ship something so large overseas, I do have a freight forwarder I use quite regularly in Oregon to make things easier. Also shouldn't be too hard to find one in Europe if that's the same for anyone there.

Thanks for looking!

I have never seen any of these for sale. Probably most of these got thrown out once they became obsolete, because they were really just generic PC clones with the Atari logo slapped on them, and thus not deemed "collectible" like the real Ataris.

I have never seen any of these for sale. Probably most of these got thrown out once they became obsolete, because they were really just generic PC clones with the Atari logo slapped on them, and thus not deemed "collectible" like the real Ataris.

I'd hardly call them "generic clones" they were very well made and designed. The PC3 onwards came in a nicely designed chassis with the Atari name and model molded into the plastic trim (not a label slapped on the front) and with the nice touch of the PSU fan grill incorporating the classic Atari logo. They also not only had the foresight to place the Keyboard and Mouse connectors together (something which only really became standard when PS/2 came around) but also placed them on the side of the case for easy access.

They are out there I've seen a few pop up on eBay, although they are few and fair between. But like I said in my original post I've managed to get hold of a PC3 but I'd like to find another if possible as it needs a few repairs which I'm in the process of doing. I'd also still love to get my hands on a PC4 or PC5 if I could.

Years ago someone had a PC3 I think in Canada. Fwir it was very vanilla looking. Maybe it was a different model?

Imho the generic aspects of an "Atari Peecee" is what makes it so collectible. Millions of 6502 Ataris, millions of STs. Show me the generic ones -

I wish I would have bid.

Years ago someone had a PC3 I think in Canada. Fwir it was very vanilla looking. Maybe it was a different model?

Imho the generic aspects of an "Atari Peecee" is what makes it so collectible. Millions of 6502 Ataris, millions of STs. Show me the generic ones -

I wish I would have bid.

I would love to have one of the Atari PC's, too... especially fond of the model that looked somewhat like a Mega ST (The Atari PC). It would make a nice addition to my Atari collection.

I wish I would have bid.

Could it have been an Atari PC2? It had more of a generic look with a boring looking case with an Atari label stuck on it. It wasn't until the PC3 that the case had a more distinctive design like I mentioned previously.

You can see them here: http://www.atari-computermuseum.de/pc1.htm

I would love to have one of the Atari PC's, too... especially fond of the model that looked somewhat like a Mega ST (The Atari PC). It would make a nice addition to my Atari collection.

That would be the Atari PC1 which did actually come in the Atari Mega ST case. I'm not interested in one myself but I've heard they are pretty rare to get hold of since I don't think they sold well.

http://www.pcmuseum.ca/details.asp?id=43

Back