• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Saskatchewan WTB (Can/US preferred, but flexible) PC Engines WRAP board

Saskatchewan

PhotoJim

Hi,

I think these are old enough and rustic enough to qualify for mention here...

I've really enjoyed using PC Engines' single-board computers as routers. Currently using a third-generation APU 1D4 as my router, and have a second-generation Alix 2D3 that used to be my router but is still in service for other things.

I'd like to pick up one of their first-generation boards, the WRAP (Wireless Router Application Platform). Ideally, I'd like a WRAP 1.2E but I'm flexible and would consider any of the models.

I'm in Canada (Saskatchewan, S4R) but have a US mailing address (Montana, 59256), and since I buy these boards new from Switzerland, I don't think international shipping will be too onerous, if you happen to live somewhere interesting.

Let me know what you have, specs, and price.

If you're not familiar with these, the main version is a 6x6/150x150 board with an AMD Geode SC1100 at 233 MHz (effectively a fast 80486) with 64-256 MB RAM (usually 128), 1-3 10BaseTX National DP83816 Ethernet ports, 1-2 miniPCI slots (intended to add a WiFi access point card) and a serial console port. They're super reliable and very energy efficient.

Thanks for your attention!

Jim

I have one running a paid version of DD-WRT. It's a WRAP 1E2. I have not considered selling it, but it's not being used for years now...

Pictures

Attachments

• IMG_20220424_165408251_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220424_165408251_HDR.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20220424_165605464_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220424_165605464_HDR.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 10
Thanks Timo. Let me know if you'd want to sell it, and if so, for how much including shipping to Canada (you can use postal code S4R 1A1 if it asks you for one). I'd take the power supply, too, if it has a wide enough input voltage range to work here at 110 VAC.

Back