• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wtb - ET4000 2MB VLB

High_Treason

Experienced Member
As the title suggests, I was wondering if anyone is willing to sell me an ET4000-based card for VLBus, preferably a 2MB one as my STB Lightspeed decided to give up on life last night for no apparent reason. I've tried fixing it replacing everything that can be replaced but to no avail.

If you have a card to sell, PM me. Payment will be via PayPal.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
I've got one, but seems to be a 1 Mb VRAM version (eight V53C104-AP70 memory chips soldered onboard). The GPU is a TsengLab ET4000AX.
The RAMDAC chip is labelled as "CARDEX - Licensed by Tsenglabs" , other specs. on the board are "FCC ID: ICUVGA-GW142" and "P/N: 9207-04".
I don't remember if the card works properly, but i can put it on a old '486 board and test it in standard VGA mode, because I don't have drivers.
I've got two others VESA video cards, one with Cyrrus logic CL-GD5426 GPU and eight MB81C4256A memory chips (socketed), i think 1 Mb VRAM , and the other with Cyrrus logic CL-GD5428 GPU and two HY514171B memory chips, I don't know these chips.
I've got four VESA controllers, with one or two ide connectors, floppy, two COM's and LPT headers, plus another big one with various chips on it, including an Ali ST300, an AMD 80C186-16 processor, three BIOS chips and four sockets for 30-pin memory DIMM's. TYPE: DI-620 rev.1.0.
I live in Italy, so keep in mind that postal fees are more expensive than in England...

Bye.

Luca

Thanks for offering, but I actually got my card working again by pure luck.

To anyone that cares how; reasoning that as it was not functional anyway so there would be no loss if I totally ruined it, I decided to let it sit on top of a heater for some time, threw it in the machine again and it still didn't want to work initially, but after hitting reset it must have settled because it has worked since. Interestingly this cleared up a couple of draw bugs in scrolling games which I initially put down to it being an ET4000 (The old plain ISA one did similar things) so I guess a dry joint had occurred somewhere and the heat was enough to shift it.

It is a fast card, almost seems a waste to throw it in with a 486 SX @ 40MHz... Then again, my SX @ 40MHz gives similar performance to an Intel / AMD DX at 66; Duke Nukem 3D is playable for example.

Back