• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

WTB: High end parts for a erly 00's gaming PC.

Mr. Horse

Experienced Member
I'm looking for top end parts from around 2001-2003 for a high end 100% era correct liquid cooled gaming PC.

I don't mind too much what parts I end up with as long as there very high end parts.

Whats parts I'm looking for.

Motherboard, sk370, sk462 or sk478. Ether a NF2 or 875. If I end up with a sk370 board is must support 1.4ghz Piii-s. I water block I have is rather big and I will need a board with lots of room around the CPU socket and must be a good overclocker.
A CPU to go with the board. If I get a 478 board I want a Pentium 4 extreme, for socket 462 a Barton Athlon XP 3200+. For sk370 I'd want a 1.4ghz Piii-s.
I need a video card, something like a fx5950 or Ti4800, GF3 it500 ati 8500 or 9800
I need 4 first gen 37gb wd raptors or similar SATA or PATA drives. Drives much be in grate shape and have good motor drive bearings. NOS drives would be preferred.

I have an Abit IS-7 socket 478 MB from about 2003. Has the Intel 865PE chipset. Comes with 3.0 gHz P4, 1 gig HyperX DDR400 RAM. Don't really know anything about how it OC's, never tried.

Also have a BFG GT 6800 OC AGP video card that I used with this build.

PM if any of this is of interest.

I have an Abit IS-7 socket 478 MB from about 2003. Has the Intel 865PE chipset. Comes with 3.0 gHz P4, 1 gig HyperX DDR400 RAM. Don't really know anything about how it OC's, never tried.

Also have a BFG GT 6800 OC AGP video card that I used with this build.
PM if any of this is of interest.

Thanks for the offer. I sent you a pm about the motherboard.

Last edited:
I'm looking for top end parts from around 2001-2003 for a high end 100% era correct liquid cooled gaming PC.

I don't mind too much what parts I end up with as long as there very high end parts.

Whats parts I'm looking for.

Motherboard, sk370, sk462 or sk478. Ether a NF2 or 875. If I end up with a sk370 board is must support 1.4ghz Piii-s. I water block I have is rather big and I will need a board with lots of room around the CPU socket and must be a good overclocker.
A CPU to go with the board. If I get a 478 board I want a Pentium 4 extreme, for socket 462 a Barton Athlon XP 3200+. For sk370 I'd want a 1.4ghz Piii-s.
I need a video card, something like a fx5950 or Ti4800, GF3 it500 ati 8500 or 9800
I need 4 first gen 37gb wd raptors or similar SATA or PATA drives. Drives much be in grate shape and have good motor drive bearings. NOS drives would be preferred.

Been there done that and it's a lot of fun. Check out my period gamer thread: http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?50255-ASUS-A7N8X-E-Deluxe

I don't trust liquid cooling from that era. As a matter of fact, it's an over kill. My A7 runs a Sempron 3300+ (same as the Athlon only OEM version) with 3 gig RAM and there has never been a question of heat. However, if you just gotta have liquid cooling, I would cobble a closed loop cooler from today's offerings. Good luck with your build.

Thanks. It is alot fun. Not just building the PC and playing games on it. But also tracking down the parts is fun too.
All the blocks are made from drilled bar stock with brazed on barbs and dual pumps. So its not too bad compared to other parts from the time.
And I do agree it is kind of over kill for a PIII or athlon. But I do plan to push the system hard with overclocking and benching and didn't want a noisy system.

Last edited:
Back