• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: IBM PC AT 5170 Motherboard Type 1

Flamin Joe

Experienced Member
Hi,

I'm currently in the process of restoring an early IBM 5170 back to it's original specs which includes finding a Type 1 5170 Motherboard which fits the era it was originally produced. This is the one major piece I'm currently missing, I started with just the chassis and PSU and have been slowly picking up parts here and there.

Does anyone have one of these for sale? Happy to source it from anywhere I can find it as I have a freight forwarder both in the US and Europe I can use if you don't want to go through the hassle of shipping internationally.

Thanks

I have a board from a messy pull that has some missing drams and some scratches.

Can you do minor repairs?

No idea what a genuine 5170 board pull should sell for

I have a board from a messy pull that has some missing drams and some scratches.

Can you do minor repairs?

No idea what a genuine 5170 board pull should sell for

Yes I'm happy to do any repairs that are needed, that's not a problem.

I don't know how much of a guide this is but a Type 1 sold recently on eBay for US $137.00. But that was in good working condition and being just the one example it's hard to get an idea if that's normal.

Personally though I would probably be looking to pay around US $50 or more for a non working one.

If your interesting in selling let me know. I'd be interested in seeing any pictures of it if possible.

Last edited:
Back