• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Midwest wtb: IBM PS/2 model 50 1.44mb floppy drive/front face

Covers: North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio

alank2

Veteran Member
I've got a model 50 with only one drive and the HDD is dead so I'm thinking a second floppy drive would be helpful. It has a single connector to the drive (40 pin?). Let me know what you have along with its condition and what you are looking for on it. Thanks!

Is you PS/2 a Model 50 or 50z ? if a 50z I have a good ( last time I used it) 30 Meg HDD that will work with it.

Last edited:
I don't think many will. It seems to be the rarest of hard drives.

I do believe that you can change the riser for the Hard drive to the 50Z version. Like this:

You will notice there are no chips on it. The reason is that the Hard drives used in the 50Z and the model 70 is because they are a primitive form of IDE.
The HD controller in the plain 50 is an MFM type controller.

Last edited:
Back