• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: ISA riser for a IBM PS/1 2011 or 2121 model

nestor

Veteran Member
I'm looking for a ISA riser card for a IBM PS/1 model 2011 or 2121. Most 2121 came with it, but it was part of an upgrade in the 2011 model.

I have two standard 16-bit ISA riser cards. One has 5 16-bit slots on it -- 3 on one side and 2 on the other. The other card has 3 16-bit slots on one side and 2 8-bit slots on the other. If you want pics, lemme know.

Perhaps IBM reused MCA-type slots where the riser is connected to the motherboard, but only for the connection. Inside signals are ISA for sure. In the picture you can see only the bottom connector, in the upper part there are standard ISA slots.

Perhaps IBM reused MCA-type slots where the riser is connected to the motherboard, but only for the connection. Inside signals are ISA for sure. In the picture you can see only the bottom connector, in the upper part there are standard ISA slots.
If that's the case why won't standard ISA risers work?

nestor Is that the photo of an actual 2011 riser card? Do you have any other photos? I'm trying to find the schematics of what the ACU looked like or contained.

The riser photo that was posted before by @nestor is for the 2011 model (physically similar to a MCA 16-bit connector).
The 2121 riser card has a connector that is physically identical to "MCA 16-bit with AVE" connector (MCA Pinouts)

Back