• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: MFM HD Dual cable

You can take a dual floppy cable and re-do the twist to make it a dual HD cable. Or you can use a dual cable with no twist at all and set the two drives on different channels. Or, I can look around my goodie box and see if I have an extra. You don't seem to need the 20 pin data cable(s).

I know, but i need my only dual floppy cable for floppy drives =)

Now when you mentioned it, i need a 20pin data cable, not for this 5150 but another project in future. I have WD controller where i have scavenged the 20pin out for this 5150 and i need replacement for it if i want to use the controller in future.
I just want to add another 40MB HD which i found from storage to that machine and i only have cable with single connector.

So, if you find those cables or even only the dual 34pin, then let's make a deal :]

Even if I don't find one I have lot's of floppy cables so I can always make one. Or I can send you a floppy cable and you can make it.

Great. Floppy cable is okay if you can't find HD one and i can mod it by myself just fine. PM me the shipping+price etc. when you have time to look for it.
I had a big plastic bag full of MFM and floppy cables few years ago but i lost them when i moved.. :(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270850810044
http://www.ebay.com/itm/310642668121
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160982008357

FWIW, all these parts should be available cheaper and/or in smaller quantity from your helpful local electronics warehouse.

I've tried few times already but can't find those connectors from electronics stores here.

I can build my own cable and i know how to use ebay and google ... just wanted to try to buy used cable with the fraction of the price/shipping and pay that money to some vintage guy here instead of some company in China and wait a month for parts to arrive. Other option is to pay to a company in US and wait weeks for parts and pay the shipping.

"Description: MFM Dual Drive 34 Pin Cable with Flip 28in" "Price: $7.85" + shipping $10.31
http://www.cabledepot.com/05MCPCDiskMFM.html
If they only accepted Paypal..

EDIT:
I checked the shipping cost wrong. If it looks too good to be true, it usually is.
MFM Dual Drive Cable Set with Flip 1 @ $7.37
Subtotal $7.37
Shipping $18.75
TOTAL $26.12

LOL..

Last edited:
I just checked shipping to Finland and it's nearly $15! I don't know if it's worth it to you as that's more than the two cables would cost. :)

I just checked shipping to Finland and it's nearly $15! I don't know if it's worth it to you as that's more than the two cables would cost. :)

How can it be.. a small letter?
If it really is that expensive, we have to forget the deal then :(

I don't need it right this second, guess i just keep looking for the connectors.

Last edited:
It might get by in what they call a large envelope. Anything over ¼" thick is considered a large envelope. But it can't be thicker than ¾". And with these edgecard connectors it's gonna be very close. I'd have to check with the Post Office before I commit to a shipping price. If they say it's OK that way it might be about $7 to ship it.

It might get by in what they call a large envelope. Anything over ¼" thick is considered a large envelope. But it can't be thicker than ¾". And with these edgecard connectors it's gonna be very close. I'd have to check with the Post Office before I commit to a shipping price. If they say it's OK that way it might be about $7 to ship it.

Alright, here they have the same kind of letter size limit but it's 3cm max (so it fits in any mail slot possible). They rarely measure it though, i have even had the mailman ring my doorbell to give me a "letter" more like a box.. I don't know how the sender managed to send that as a letter, neither did the mailman, he just gave it to me "this didn't fit to your slot".

If you manage to send it with $7 it's ok for me. When you know that, please just PM me and name the price for cables and give me the payment details.

I heard the shipping costs increased in USPS for some reason a while ago. They should do the complete opposite of that.
I had to check if it's true and sadly it is: https://stamps.custhelp.com/app/ans...~/usps-2013-postage-rate-increase-information

Here's the result. I took it in and they explained that it must be flat to qualify as a large letter. An envelope with paperwork in it that is up to ¾" thick is acceptable but this cable-in-envelope thing was a package. They won't take an uneven envelope as a large envelope. So it would be ~$15 to ship.

Here's the result. I took it in and they explained that it must be flat to qualify as a large letter. An envelope with paperwork in it that is up to ¾" thick is acceptable but this cable-in-envelope thing was a package. They won't take an uneven envelope as a large envelope. So it would be ~$15 to ship.

OK. Thanks anyway. $15 is too much i think. I would gladly pay $15 to you for the cables but for shipping it's too much.

Aren't there any computer repair shops or persons around you who would have cables and/or connectors in their junk pile?

Back