• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

WTB MOS 8501 Commodore 16 or Plus/4 CPU

KevinO

Experienced Member
I offered to fix a Plus/4 for a friend, and found the CPU is bad. Checked by substituting the CPU from my 16, and it works. Does anyone have a MOS 8501 they would like to sell?

Thanks.

yes, this guy has one for sale:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/8501-CPU-Chi...88?pt=Klassische_Computer&hash=item3389195eec

honestly I think it's quite expensive, almost the average price of a working C=16; but maybe you would check eBay every few days and see if you find one at a reasonable price.

Thanks for looking. I looked on Ebay US, but didn't see any. That's $60 USD, and way more than I or my friend would be willing to pay for just a CPU. I haven't asked him what his top dollar is yet. This is his spare Plus/4, but it is in the box with manuals and such, so maybe it would be worth a little more to get it working again.

It's funny, because I sold all my Plus/4s years ago, thinking they were worthless. Now I wish I had a boxed one myself!

In reality boxed plus/4 systems I think I've still seen for under $50. Whether they work or not is a very different story.

Back