• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: PC-8801A keybard

papa_november

This is a very, very long shot, but somehow I managed to pick up an apparently ultra-rare American version (only a few thousand were sold in the West) of the first-generation PC-88. It's missing the disk drives and keyboard, though it looks as if standard 5.25 low-density drives can be hooked up.

The big problem is that apparently the first-gen PC-88 uses a completely different keyboard with a completely different connector from the later Japanese-only models, so I can't just import one of those. There does not appear to be any adaptors available or even plans for building one; only the original keyboard will work.

If anyone somehow happens to have this keyboard laying around, please get in touch with me.

Failing that, if anyone wants this thing, you can have it (for cost of shipping). It's not terribly useful as a PC-88 (it lacks the video mode used by most later games, not to mention the enhanced sound hardware available for later models), but since it's the American version (I didn't even know there was an American version), it is quite rare.

Back