• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB qbus scsi controller that supports booting from hard disk, preferably Emulex UC07.

bladamson

Veteran Member
I've had an ebay search bookmarked for months, but nothing other than tape controllers ever show up for less than $250. I'm not prepared to pay that much for something like this, vs just using the qbone. If any of you have something laying around that you want to get rid of for a more reasonable price, I 'spect we can do business.

Thanks!

Yeah... There was one for $250 there for a while, and I thought that was about twice what it was worth... >_>

Those high dollar cards have been on there for months and months and never sell. Something more reasonable will appear at some point I hope....

I bought one of those UC07s a while back, then had to factor in international postage then multiply by our poor exchange rate then pay import tax on top of that.
And whilst I wasn't deliriously happy with that, I just put it down to the cost of vintage computing nowadays.

A fine gentleman has offered me one in a DM, once his upgrade/replacement arrives and is working.

Still a bit higher than I'd like, but y'all are probably right about costs being what they are nowadays, especially that kind of stuff.

But hopefully I'll be out of the woods soon. I think this is the last component I need, aside from making some cables.

Back