• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Small 486 based motherboard

Caleb Hansberry

Veteran Member
I got a Packard Bell desktop, and found a battery had burned through a lot of traces and components. It would be quite a monumental task to repair, so I'll see if anyone here has a suitable replacement on hand.
I'll upload a picture when I can. It's small, has two ps2 ports, and one ISA riser slot. I don't need the CPU, though eventually I would like to upgrade to a DX2 or DX4.

Here is a picture of the form factor I'm looking for:
2kQ2msG.jpg

If you do get a replacement LPX board, make sure it comes with the riser board with the slots. While LPX was a motherboard standard, the riser board was not standardized and varied between manufacturers and even the same manufacturer between motherboard models. Even if the slot looks the same, don't assume that your specific riser board will work.

Thats bad news - almost none of the ones I have seen on eBay have a riser card. What a pain - I'll have to just keep looking I guess. I do like the idea of having a fairly small form factor, though. Full ATX cases are much more common but much harder to handle at my place.

Back