• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Sota Memory/16i RAM Board

sqpat

Experienced Member
I'm looking for the memory expansion card that is compatible with the Sota 286i and Sota 386si accelerator cards, connecting to its 16 bit bus. I promise to make good use of it!

Postage would be to Seattle, Washington in the US.

Thanks!

Hi
I have an Amiga 2000 with a Bridgeboard PC Commodore A2088, I have a SOTA 286i installed, which works very well, but at the moment I am limited to 640k due to the A2088. If you had or have a RAM board for the SOTA 286 and 386, it will seem like a strange request, but there is a chance you could take some photos so I can see the board?
I would like to know what I am looking for, as it is an extremely rare.
Best Regards

Hi
I have an Amiga 2000 with a Bridgeboard PC Commodore A2088, I have a SOTA 286i installed, which works very well, but at the moment I am limited to 640k due to the A2088. If you had or have a RAM board for the SOTA 286 and 386, it will seem like a strange request, but there is a chance you could take some photos so I can see the board?
I would like to know what I am looking for, as it is an extremely rare.
Best Regards
Hi and welcome to the forum. You are replying to a thread that is over 6 years old.

However I think I have a spare sota RAM board,. I have the 386 accelerator and two ram boards. Ill send you a PM.

hello
"remember" to write back if exciting software like windows95 do run on Sota+memory16i ;)
/cimonvg

hello
"remember" to write back if exciting software like windows95 do run on Sota+memory16i ;)
/cimonvg
Maybe it will be possible run Windows 95, but only with the SOTA 386si with 4mb, with my board it won't work.
But my intention will always be use MSDOS with some memory beyond the 640k that my system is limited to.

Its a 386 16mhz! ITs not even a DX. Why would you even attempt to do that? Dos and win 3.11 would be idea.. Considering its something you add to a 5150 or 5160. Windows 95 is irrelevant and makes no sense for this card. Hell I remember running windows 95 on my compaq Lte lite 4/33c (33mhz 486) and that ran really slow...

Reminds me of the pointless DOOM on a birth control device thread...............

It would be far far far far FAR more interesting if someone ran linux on it......... The 286 accelerator not the birth conrtrol device... Than again :unsure:

The Amiga 2000 only has 4 ISA slots, it is always much more limited than another 8088 or 8086 computer, especially because I use a dedicated VGA card and i don't have any more slots available. They are 16bit ISA slots, I would really like use a soundblaster, but to do that I have to remove the memory card, it ends up with only 512k. My intention was to get a SOTA memory card, free up a slot and apply a soundblaster.
But of course, using only MSDOS, I'm a big Amiga fan, but my OS of choice is DOS.

Back