• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Northern Europe WTB: Sun Sparcstation 4 parts

Covers: Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Ireland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Iceland

MindWalker

Experienced Member
Hi,

I have a SS4 which is missing some parts. Anyone have the following as spares?
  • Internal SCSI hard disk mounting cradle (frame into which the HDD is mounted, with the handle to lock the cradle in place)
  • SCSI cable from motherboard to the CD-ROM drive
  • Mounting bracket and 1" front bezel for the Toshiba XM-4101B CD-ROM drive *
  • Optionally: extra RAM (I currently have 2x32MB), AFAIK the RAM should be "8 MB or 32 MB, fast page-mode, 5V, 168-pin JEDEC DIMMs"
* I bought the drive, which I *believe* should be compatible (haven't been able to test as I don't have the cable). The front bezel that came with the drive is too high and won't fit the case, and looking here it seems that the drive was sold with different bezels. See attached photo. My machine has the older chassis that uses the 3/4 height drive and I guess the '1" purple bezel' could be the one I am looking for? For the mounting bracket I believe this is what I would need.

OR if anyone can provide pictures and measurements of the mechanical parts, I could try 3D-modeling and printing those (and share the files if succesful).

I am located in Finland and can pay with PayPal or IBAN transfer. I've seen some of the parts listed on eBay or other sites from crazy prices, I would hope to pay less than 100 USD for any combination of the parts (or for any single part), of course negotiable depending on what is available and what the shipping costs would be.

Attachments

• SunCD_bezel.jpg
    SunCD_bezel.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Mounting bracket and 1" front bezel for the Toshiba XM-4101B CD-ROM drive *
You are not missing a bezel but actual parts of the CD-ROM drive. Seeing that bezel you got with it, someone apparently stripped it down for whatever previous use. Normally, only the top part would be added or removed, to make it either slim or standard 5.25". I have a spare drive somewhere which I could part with - but I have no idea in which box it's currently hiding in. :ROFLMAO:

Here's how I mounted it in my SPARCstation: (no bracket needed)

Attachments

• P5170272.jpg
    P5170272.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 10
Back