• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Midwest WTB: SuperMicro SC850 chassis front control panel PCB (Power/reset/alarm off sw)

Covers: North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio

MissArgent

Veteran Member
akZmDix.png

So, I've got myself a server build going with a MS440GX board at the heart! Issue is, the SuperMicro SC850 chassis I've got seems to be missing some important parts. This board in particular is pretty important., as it controls the fans for the entire machine. It may be what the power, reset, and alarm off buttons are mounted on, too. Anyone have a lead on one? It was used on several of their Slot 2 and Socket 370-era machines, including the SUPER SERVER 8050. The part may be common with other chassis that reuse the same basic design, including the SuperChassis 830. Unfortunately, I am unable to find any documentation which has part numbers for the board.

Would it be this from here
Not a Supermicro chassis I have seen before, but a part no. might help find one.

Front PanelCSE-PT4-Front Panel Control Board for SC850
Looks like that'd be the right P/N! That's a big step in the right direction. Thanks!

It looks like the status LEDs and power switches are mounted on a separate board, which I haven't found much else on yet. The case must have been partially parted out before I got it? I'm considering just pulling the triple PSU/chassis controller assembly and trying to hack in a single ATX supply, replacing the missing switches with off-the-shelf parts.

Back