• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB -- Tandy 1000 SL bottom drive rails

CarlosTex

Experienced Member
Hi,

i recently got a Tandy 1000 SL case, but it came without the rails for the bottom drive. Unfortunately Tandy made it so that the bottom drive needs some sort of plastic rails to be first attached to the drive sides before sliding the drive into the frame. The upper drive doesn't need any sort of rails because its made so that any standard 5.25 drive or bay fits, but Tandy made it intentionally the metal frame wider on the bottom so you would need the rails.

If anyone has some spare rails i would like to get them.

Thank you

I think I have some plastic drive rails, somewhere, but I have no idea what system they are from.

If you could find a picture of the rails that you need, that might help those of us who don't know what they look like to see if we have anything that might work.

That's the thing, i can't find a picture online. I'm from Europe and i just got a case but without the rails.

There's this video by VWestlife, about 3:00 into the video you can more or less see the rails. Don't know if this helps-

Any kind sould that could take some pics to the SL drive rails?

That doesn't show the rails. They're around 6" long and run along the full length of the drive.

I have regular AT rails and I have some other types as well. I think the Tandy uses AT rails.

That doesn't show the rails. They're around 6" long and run along the full length of the drive.

I have regular AT rails and I have some other types as well. I think the Tandy uses AT rails.

Well you can slightly see the rails mounted on the bottom drive. I could never find a picture. If AT rails are compatible that would be great news. Al though i have none of those too.

Are you still looking for these rails, Carlos? I have an extra set with your name on it, if so.

How haven't i seen this before?

I'm very much still in look for these rails. I got some standard AT rails, but they don't work like they should, although they hold the drive there's no way to lock it. So yeah i need real Tandy rails.

I'll send you a PM.

Hi, I'm not a Tandy guy, but are these what you are looking for?

BTW The image uploader sucks, it keeps resizing my image down to microscopic size.

Tandy 1000 5.25 Drive Rails.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, i'm currently using some regular AT ones, but they don't lock the drive, it's floating back and forth. I don't think any of those in the picture are Tandy either.

But thanks anyway.

That's why it's best to host them on a site and provide the link here.

It seems to depend on the Size of the Original Image how it is displayed on the site after upload.

This first image was 698 X 835 and was resized to microscopic but the second one was 4000 X 3000 and was resized to a good size, so it must be some Percentage that is being applied to the upload.

Thanks to Cloudschatze i finally got a pair of these drive rails.Goodbye floating 5.25" Floppy drive!

Back